As you accumulate more and more money saving and investing, your IT security becomes increasingly important. Let’s finally talk about passwords, encryption, email, 2FA, aliasing, VPNs and cloud storage!
Meanwhile, if you’re specifically wondering about how your bank deposits, stocks and ETFs are protected in light of the current banking crisis – make sure you check out this recent post of mine.
- 00:00 Why your IT Security is important
- 01:52 Protecting your Device, Operating System, Browser
- 03:46 Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- 05:00 Passwords: You need a password manager
- 06:57 Email: Why your mailbox should be end-to-end encrypted
- 09:18 Aliasing: A massive upgrade to online privacy & security
- 10:34 VPN: Do you need one? (here are my 3 favorites)
- 12:25 Encrypted cloud storage (how to use Cryptomator)
- 14:26 Conclusion
- Encrypted email: Proton, Tutanota
- Aliasing for extra privacy & security: Simplelogin
- Safest two-factor authentication (2FA) method: YubiKey
- My VPNs of choice: ProtonVPN, Surfshark, Mullvad
- Password manager: Bitwarden
- Browser: Brave
- Encrypt your cloud drive: Cryptomator
- Check for data breaches: Have I been pnwed?
- Great resource to go in-depth on privacy & encryption: Privacyguides
Note: My time is limited right now, which is why I’m currently unable to spend hours and hours converting every video to a blog post – I hope you understand. Especially since the number of readers on the blog is several times smaller than the number of you watching my videos on YouTube.
- My Investment Tools
A list containing all my investments in P2P Lending, the brokerage accounts I use to buy ETFs, my speculative investments in Bitcoin and my free bank accounts. It even includes the tools I use for blogging and YouTube.
- P2P Bonus Offers
A collection of all the best, currently available bonus and cashback offers in the P2P lending space. Regularly updated.
Disclaimer: Investing involves risks of losses. You should always do your own research before investing into anything. Also, some of the links are affiliate links, which help support me, the website & YouTube channel. I only link to services I use myself, none of them are sponsored.